What’s so great about ACV?
Apple cider vinegar is filled with minerals and essential vitamins, including potassium, iron, and magnesium, it is also an antibacterial!
For us humans, ACV has many health benefits. It has been reported to help with asthma, psoriasis, exzema, allergies, dermatitis, digestion, acid reflux/heartburn……the list goes on and on. For me personally, I have noticed a big improvement with my scalp psoriasis when I “shampoo” with ACV.
Look for apple cider vinegar that is in a fermented and unfiltered form with “the mother” which contains the most enzymes and minerals. I suggest Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar, it has been the best for us.
For humans: Mix 1-2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. Take 3 times daily, before or during meals. If you still can’t stand the taste, try adding it to your favorite juice or tea or add some honey.
ACV, is not only good for human consumption. It is also good for your canine friends! Here’s some of the health benefits your 4 legged friends can benefit from when given ACV.
* It can help prevent skin problems from allergies, such as rashes, itching, and irritation.
* It can help fight against tooth decay and ward off bad breath.
* It can even help eliminate those tear stains by your dog’s eyes.
* ACV aids in dog’s digestion. It helps balance PH levels resulting in them having a better apetite, and helps get rid of nasty constipation and diarrhea problems.
* It’s also been reported to help with flea infestations. Simply apply evenly on your dog’s coat after shampooing, let sit for a couple minutes, then rinse.
* Clean your dogs ears with a cotton ball soaked in Apple Cider Vinegar, it will deodorize the ear and clean with the anti-bacterial reactants in the ACV. It’s also reported that this can help with pesky ear mites.
The best way to give apple cider vinegar to dogs is in well diluted water.
A TEASPOON of it diluted into water 2 to 3 times a week for small dogs is the perfect amount or a TABLESPOON given the same way for any dogs over 50 lbs. DO NOT use in metal dishes, it is too acidic and can cause corrosion.
For chickens and other poultry:
ACV is also beneficial when given to your feathered friends.
Like dogs, just add to their waterers a few times a week. I recommend 1 TABLESPOON per gallon of fresh clean water. DO NOT use in metal waterers, the acid can cause corrosion.
There are many health benefits when given ACV regularly, they include:
* Aids is digestion
* Helps manage stress, especially beneficial during their molt, and summer heat.
* Has been reported to eliminate and prevent against internal and external parasites.
It is also excellent when used for cleaning the coops and roosts since it has antibacterial organisms in it.
There is so much information on various websites about Apple Cider Vinegar and all it’s health benefits. Search, experiment and you too will see what a wonderful product it is!